Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Drenched in thy beauty




Today, 7th July is a full moon night and it’s up there right now lighting up the landscape like a spotlight. The night sky is so captivating that I couldn't move downstairs without soaking up some of that moonlight :) I love sitting out and watching the skies - and a full moon that close is certainly a treat! Now this moon that pulls the tides, and the moon that touches the lunatics also has many ways to inspire us. It sure inspires me and as always, I’m taken aback by its beauty.

To some people it’s just a breathtaking celestial body up there in the sky. But to me, it’s much more than that. To me, it represents our dreams, our aspirations, and most importantly, it represents our endless human potential. Only once in a month does it reach it’s full potential and thoroughly lights up the sky, but when it does, the world truly glows! Just the same way, we can also consciously choose to let the full moon that lays dormant inside us, shine and light up the world just as the moon in the sky does.

I am always attracted to the moon because whenever I look at it, I know [even if it’s just for an instant] that anything is possible. No matter how blue I may be but for a moment I have hope. It’s very easy to get caught up in all the things that are wrong with this world and it’s people, yet it is our responsibility to represent hope. And the only way we can truly represent hope is by living to our fullest potential. Is this easy?

Of course not! But since the pursuit of happiness is what we are aiming for, we must live to our fullest potential. We must give. We must love. We must learn. We must glow. That is our true calling. Yes I will make mistakes. Yes there will be some bumps in my path to happiness. Yes there will be times in which I may feel like giving up. But I have a relentless desire to live to the best that I am capable of. That relentlessness enables me to move closer to my goal of living a truly conscious life each and everyday. And this full moon which simultaneously uncovers our fears, also reflects the solution to our qualms and bugbears at the same time. It always reminds me that I must persevere because no phase is permanent- there is always a full moon night after every no moon night!

Remember that our purpose in living is larger than ourselves. Our purpose in living is to shine and to grow, to unleash our full moon potential and to light up this world with our love and kindness. Moon is the beauty of the sky and this is the night to look within, connect with one’s own sense of proper timing and trust the wisdom that arises from this kind of inquiry. We can neither have too many full moons nor do we have to live each day showing only a glimpse of our true potential. So lift up your gaze, live and glow today!

11 comments:

  1. this is truly WOW

    can i share with you a paintin i did?

    http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2008/11/the-moon-shines-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes my attraction with t eh moon is like yours... i once wrote a poem titles 'in the moonlight under the tree trunk' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ AD

    Good to know that someone else is enchanted by the moon in much the same manner as me. I just can't keep my eyes off it, especially when it's a full moon!

    Nothing like it, seriously!

    Btw, I would love to read the poem you're talking about :) & my God, you're such an artist! This painting of yours is simply marvelous! :)

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anubha,

    A well-written post with an equally beautiful picture. On 7 July 2009, there was a lunar eclipse, though not visible from all parts of India.

    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written .Nice post.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Gigi,

    Am good dear! Hows life treating you?

    Just a little too busy these days, and that's what keeping me away from the blogosphere. You take care n have fun! :)
    See ya around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. **Remember that our purpose in living is larger than ourselves. Our purpose in living is to shine and to grow, to unleash our full moon potential and to light up this world with our love and kindnes

    I really like how u put it.

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete