Saturday, August 29, 2009

Special times...



I’m totally overwhelmed and elated at this point in time…Whyy?? Well, one major reason is obviously the fact that I am back home & relieved of the stress after giving those awful tests- especially the one for which I appeared today, and “awful” because the night before the exam when every one else had literally locked themselves in their respective rooms and were engrossed in their books, I was the one chatting with my friends and laughing like a maniac [Other than this instance, I don’t remember having done that in a really long while now] at about 3 in the morning.

Actually, Sharni cracked a hilarious joke and all of us burst into a fit of laughter that lasted for half an hour straight! It was so comical and freaky that even this morning when the examiner handed over the question paper, we started giggling again at the sight of it! Left the examination hall 10 minutes early and once again- laughing !! I remember the look on the face of this other guy from my batch who I guess was trying to figure out the cause of this idiosyncratic behaviour.

The exam obviously didn’t go as I’d expected but nonetheless, last night was the best I’ve had in H1 [ without any H1N1 scare either :D ] so far and certainly the one that I can never ever forget in times to come. Seriously, it was sooo much fun & even though I’m back home, I missing you guys a lot and missing the cafeteria all the more :P There are many well-loved folks out here whose mere sight is something I cannot stand , it’s like there’s some sort of energy that repels me immediately and even though it’s hard to spot nice people in general, after four good weeks of probe and some disappointment ;) I’ve been lucky enough to figure out these select few in my college [my batch actually] whose personal tastes and preferences fortunately don’t reflect the lifestyle of a typical coddled, self-indulgent Delhite and I believe that these guys [Sharni, Mayank, Rohit , Abhi n Pearl] are distinct atleast in the sense that they are true to their selves- no pretense- no façade, just being what they truly are! It’s one thing to say that we are all unique, but actually being distinct is farther than that.

Anyways, that reminds me of this beautiful composition by Celine Dion-

“In these moments, moments of our lives
All the world is ours
And this world is so right
You and I sharing this time together
Sharing the same dream
As the time goes by we will find

These are the special times
Times we'll remember
These are the precious times
The tender times we'll hold in our hearts forever

These are the sweetest times
These times together
And through it all, one thing will always be true
The special times are the times I share with you

With each moment, moment passing by
We'll make memories that will last all our lives
As you and I travel through time together
Living this sweet dream
And every day we can say

These are the special times
Times we'll remember
These are the precious times
The tender times we'll hold in our hearts forever

These are the sweetest times
These times together
And through it all, one thing will always be true
The special times are the times I share with you….”

I’m just hoping that this new found happiness lasts a long way...

6 comments:

  1. Hi..
    Wow..This is something special....
    I think you are in a different world all together... you are sounding so happy...
    well yes..like i said earlier ...Once you start believing in the world around you n start sharing with it....you will start singing...
    It was really nice of you to put it together ..now I am waiting for the sequel to 5.someone...
    Enjoy...Dont forget to mail the snaps..bye..

    ReplyDelete
  2. this.....is what colg is..!!
    u go unprepared for exams and wel prepared for friends.....
    chosing right people as friends is important as ur friends have a hand making and shaping u.....
    truth is only truth this world has....
    u only enjoy wen u r urself....
    happiness is what everybody needs....
    and we get it only with others....
    there is no meaning of happiness alone..
    colg time is best time..so enjoy....
    and i am sure this happiness will last atleast a lifetime....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anonymous,

    Thanks!
    Yes, this is indeed special! :)
    I am glad you liked it :)
    Btw, the pics are on their way....
    You take care of yourself n stay in touch.
    And give my love to my sweet little barbie dolls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rohit,

    I hope it lasts :)
    College is indeed fun and can you believe I AM saying that?? :P
    Lol :D
    I am sure you don't expect that from me ;) Hehehe
    But I do and I am glad being with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey tnx...
    4 includin me n observing soooooo closely...
    i get shocked when sum1 cn find so much in me...lol..
    vaise thik thak likh leti ho....
    i m impressd...sachi me...
    aise hi keep writin....n v keep appreciatin...
    so dat u cn do bettr...juz kiddin ;p
    dis z realy awesum....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Pearl,

    Hahaha :P Mind you, virgos observe very closely!!

    You've interrogated me enough today, but now it's my turn ;) Just remember that :)

    Keep writing n appreciating??? Hmmmmm -- Yahi umeed thi tere se :D lol
    Just kidding!

    Really I was missing you guys and it was all spontaneous!

    Anyways, thanks for your wonderful comments:)

    You keep smiling n take care dear :)

    ReplyDelete