Friday, December 30, 2011

2012? BRING IT ON!






Have you ever felt so alive and astir to this ever present moment that you could explode with all the joy and energy bustling within? Have you ever felt that you were one with all Creation, and merged into this ocean of existence in a way that there was nothing which was not you & nothing which you were not? Have you ever been stopped in your tracks by an occurence when you couldn't help but behold the beauty and the spell which that one moment contained? Have you ever taken a break from all the chaos, drama and deceptions which surround you, only to realize that this moment regardless of its appearance, is just perfect and in absolute divine order? 






Have you ever been astounded at the realisation that in all which unfolds before your eyes - YOU are always immeasureably blessed, loved and favoured by the Creator of the Universe? And even more so, when the surprise is kept hidden until it shows up? Have you ever felt as though this whole Universe was coming to hug you with arms wide open, and you couldn't soak all it's love and warmth because it simply overflowed? Have you ever felt this love when a 6 year old kisses you on your forehead, or when a 60 year old starts to wave you goodbye, but stops to place his hand of blessing on your head? Have you ever noticed how everything which exists - from the mundane to the most extraordinary - won't fail to inspire you, and enkindle the spark within, if only you are aware and open to it? 






Have you ever wondered how of all the illusions that beset us, perhaps the deadliest are those to which, for lack of better, we give the names of "Time" and "Space"? Yet how they only aid in bringing you home and all contrast that exists, only serves to bring you choice and discovery - which is one beautiful part of this adventure called life? Have you ever imagined the immesaureable and infinite potential this moment bears, sufficient enough to leave you awestruck? Have you ever felt as though time was fleeting and you wanted to grab hold of it, like this last day of the year, only to realize that it ain't going anywhere - it was, is, and will ever be Here.







Have you ever felt that nothing (yes, absolutely nothing) needs to happen, for you to be happy just where you are? Have you ever realized there is no darkness, ever so dark, that can diminish the light that you are? Have you ever realized that there is nothing that you can identify, whether you articulate it or not, that would be withheld from you, if you only believe? Have you ever felt so equipped and empowered that you could say- "This is not just going to be a happy new year, but the HAPPIEST ever" ? 







Have you??? Well, I did and I do. With the high and the low, the ebb and the flow, this year has been one amazing ride. Looking back, I feel there was so much which was both forgotten and supressed - thanks to the many fallacies and delusions that have been fed us since times immemorial. It was like an old trench coat that I needed to drop and several attempts over eras long gone just wouldn't allow for it. 




But like they say, the truth shall set you free! This freedom to have, do and be - all that I ever desired - is my gift from Ganesha in 2011! Infact, if truth be told, Ganesha is my gift himself! :) Someone truly beautiful recently said- "At the end, it makes you feel so blessed and loved that all the overwhelming emotions find vent in only this feeling - Gratitude!"







Looking down at me, I know you are smiling already. Thank you Baba - for all the people and experiences that you brought my way over these wonderful 365 days. Were it not for them, I would have neither come home to myself, nor found this treasure which had my name on it, ever since.







The list would be too long were I to start naming everyone to whom I am ever so indebted and grateful, but it's my sincere prayer that may all your days, in 2012 be full of bliss and love! That's all there is anyways :)


Oh, and I have sensed magic in the air :) Have you?

11 comments:

  1. When love and hope pour down the forms of your stunning words and touch me, they seem to wash away a darker shade of me and i become a better human being than what I was yesterday. How shall I thank you for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was really magical to read ....say from line one till d last...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Di - Oh, that's easy, I can answer that! Just be you :) :*
    @ Anonymous - Thankieeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous - Glad:D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also an avid worshipper of Lord Vigneswar and I totally agree with your words that Lord Ganesh himself is the gift.

    First things first, Congrats on the Sunshine Award.
    Its double the honour to be conferred with it by Rohu (the lunatic).

    Your writing skills are really good. You will hear that a lot in future.

    Last but but by no means the least, I'm sure that with this post you have said what millions feel inside them. Its like you have thrown a thread in the air for all to catch & connect.

    I have caught it.

    Cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased to see that somebody recognizes and regards Ganesha as the greatest blessing, who for me atleast, is the be-all and end-all himself!

      Thank you oh-so much for your kind words. Indeed, it's my pleasure to have been glorified by Rohu. It's a matter of great delight for me and all the more so, after your promising words here and on your blog itself. You have such a flair with words - one that is undoubtedly inspiring and enriching for your readers!

      Having been rooted for by such an astounding wordsmith himself, I am bubbling with Joy :)) And why not? After all I've been treated to this brilliant blog that has got me hooked for days to come :)

      Gracias and God Bless!

      Delete
    2. I live in Bhubaneswar. I went to Mumbai for an internship during law school in 2006. There I went to Siddhivinayak temple and suddenly the guards there started announcing that the "Aarti" will start and continue for 1 hour, so the doors will remain closed for that time. My cousin being a regular visitor got up to leave but I could not. Something made me stay. I told him that I will go after the Aarti. He was worried because I did not know the way back home. Still I stayed.

      During the Aarti I transformed, literally. I cannot express in words what I felt during that 1 hour. tears were constantly rolling down (they roll down now as i write). i felt the Lord himself was calling me to his shelter. Indeed I have been in his shelter since that day. Not a moment passes in my life where I don't dedicate my entire existence to him. I don't talk about this often as I don't find a lot of believers around me. But since you are a devotee yourself I am obliged to the Lord yet again for having introduced me to one of his followers.

      This is not the forum where I can express in detail all the miracles he has blessed me with. To put simply, he has protected me throughout and everyday I dedicate to him each and every good thing that happens to me. I am nothing without him, nothing.

      May Lord Ganesha be with us forever, even beyond the breath he has bestowed us with.

      I am an ordinary writer, but it takes a skilled artiste to encourage the ordinary into delivering greatness. You are the latter for me.

      Thank You

      Anupam

      Delete
    3. I don't know how else to put this, but it is as if I'm looking into a mirror, where even though what is reflected to me is you, yet it is Ganesha that I see. Your words bring upon me a sense of Déjà vu. I had the similar experience at Siddhivinyak, exactly about this time last year. Tears were streaming down my face in the temple that day, as they do, every time I am in his presence in prayer.

      And then all I can do is marvel at his timing and the ways in which he moves in my life bringing forth those miracles, which although were present all over, yet I was blind to them until he pulled me in. Witnessing the perfection of all his creation and the manner in which he's operates it, leaves me speechless, every single time.

      I cannot help but see him, hear him and feel his presence in all I say, do or be. I owe my very existence, and every moment of it to him. This is what his Noose does, right? In ways totally unbeknownst to man, it pulls us back to him and to the greater truth of life, which is beyond name and form. To me, he is as much in the manifest as he is in the unmanifest. And, by his grace this I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is with us, through us, and in us - in every fibre of our being - forever & beyond time.

      You have no idea how grateful I am to him this day for making me cross paths with you. Now, needless to say, tears roll down my face too as I write this back to you. It is as if I have crossed paths with him. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am overwhelmed with such bliss that I don't think any words can describe what I'm feeling right now.

      And if he chooses to bring out the extra-ordinary in an ordinary writer, well then I can't help but appreciate and acknowledge the proficiency in you! :) So for this hour and day, this is all I say to you & most humbly so - You and your family from this day on, are now in my prayers :)

      May you be blessed this day and forever more!

      Anubha

      Delete
    4. I know Anubha, what u must have felt when you wrote the reply. I also know that we can go on and on about Him and it would never be enough. Thank you for being kind enough to pray for me and my family. All I can say is that the feelings are mutual.

      Delete