Monday, December 17, 2012

Laugh Until Your Stomach Hurts!

The first time I checked out this amusingly-too-funny-for-words comedian on Youtube - he made me laugh, until I could not breathe at all and I was in pain! My stomach, my head, and my cheeks would hurt. And, so it was no surprise to me, when history repeated itself - yet another time. I was in the middle of watching this side-splitting video of this Iranian-American comedian on TED, when I decided I had to post this here! It would really be criminial if I didn't! 

Athletic in build, he juts, jerks and jumps on the stage, occasionally addressing audiences with his nasty grin. With material ranging from the current state of politics, between the US and Iran, to his marriage to an Indian woman, Maz Jobrani will literally, take you on an international journey of laughter! Now, the only way you don't know who Maz Jobrani is if you are in a coma, or in solitary confinement in Evin for protesting the inhumane use of solitary confinement. Yep, that's right!



Turns out, his routine has long been featured on CNN, CBS & his sketch comedy performances at the ACME Theater in Los Angeles, were hailed as “devilishly funny” and “extraordinary” by LA Weekly. He is so convulsively hilarious that you crack up, and fall apart from laughing so hard, and metaphorically speaking - you require remedial surgery. Well, almost. 

Don't believe me? Check this one out!



Through his brilliant and dedicated efforts, behind the 'Axis of Evil' comedy tours, and the latest incarnation 'The Sultans of Satire', he has been the brightly shining, ever since! So here's to 'The Knights of Prosperity'! I hope that it turns into the 'Nights of Prosperity' for Maz, and, he continues to entertain us with his gut-busting-funny-as-hell humor! I can't wait for the day when I will be attending one of his shows, live!  For now, I will get back to watching Maz do his job, & in the meanwhile, you can also begin checkin' out this hysterical video (for starters) and then, some more on Youtube, TED or his official website.

Oh, and by the way, I am not Maz's agent or anything - in case the applause above gave you any such hint! I just love his stand up style and his engaging grin! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment